How to Apply
Especially international students are advised to apply as early as possible, since their application is a two step process: Uni Assist and KLIPS. UniAssist needs some time to process all incoming documents. We reccommend to apply to Uni Assist before June 15th in order to ensure that you are able to submitt a complete application by the deadline.
We strongly advise international students to read the following webpage carefully. Online: https://www.daad.in/en/study-research-in-germany/studying-in-germany/master-studies/ Especially the differences between an "University" and an "University of Applied Science" might be of interest for international students. The differences is very unique to the German educational system. In case you are interested to apply at an University of Applied Sciences, please check the following link: http://www.tt.th-koeln.de/ .
Requested Documents for Application
The admission committee requires the certified copies of the following documents in order to be able to verify your application:
- Letter of Motivation: The letter should not be longer as one A4-page. Other formal requirements do not apply.
- School leaving certificate (or an equivalent degree of qualification for access to German universities
- Bachelor-degree (or an equivalent degree obtained at an university or technical university) in a suitable subject related to Environmental Issues.
- Transcript of Records
- Two letters of academic recommendation: The letter should provide contact information of the author
- Proof of English language skills: Applicants to the program whose primary language is not English and who graduated from a university where the language of instruction and examination was not English must submit an official score report of English proficiency that meets (one of) the following requirements:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): TOEFL PBT (paper-based) score of 550 or higher, TOEFL® ITP score of 550 or higher, TOEFL iBT (Internet-based) of 88 or higher.
- International English Language Testing Services (IELTS): 6.5 overall with no individual item score less than 6.0
- Applicants with a foreign school and university degree must also send certified certified translation of degrees unless they exist in German or English.
Submitting the Bachelor Degree at a later date / Admission with Qualified Acceptance
An application with an incomplete Bachelor's degree is possible if
- the applicant can prove that he/she has already completed 150 ECTS. Therefore he/she will have to submit a preliminary transcript including a preliminary total grade average. The grade average must include all work to date. Conditional admission may then be granted as qualified acceptance. The admission to the master course expires if proof of the Bachelor degree is not given by September 30th.
Should you have any queries, please fill out the contact form available on our website.